The AMTE Board of Directors is seeking applications for the next Vice President for Publications.
AMTE leadership consists of five divisions, which house committees that carry out the work of AMTE. Each division has a Vice President (VP) that coordinates and oversees the work of the committees and ensures that the division’s work is advancing the priorities of the organization. VPs serve a three-year term, meet monthly as a part of the Board of Directors meetings, and meet regularly with the Associate Vice Presidents that lead work within the divisions. In 2020, we will be welcoming a new Vice President for the Division of Publications. We thank our outgoing VP in this division, Babette Benken, for her outstanding service to AMTE.
In order to ensure a strong transition, a new VP will be solicited and appointed by the Board of Directors prior to the fall Board of Directors retreat in October. This will provide the incoming VP the opportunity to shadow the outgoing VP, attend the Fall Board Retreat, and to interact with the Board.
About the Position
Please review the job description for this VP position. Candidates for the VP position must be an AMTE member in good standing for at least three years and have a record of attendance at the annual conference. Minimum and preferred qualifications as well as details about responsibilities are given in the job description. Potential candidates are encouraged to discuss their interest in the position with their supervisor(s) at their current institution.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this position, prepare a request for consideration (application) to include:
- Name, professional affiliation, position, contact information;
- Statement (no more than one page) summarizing interest and qualifications for the position; and
- Curriculum vita.
The Board of Directors may request additional information and will interview the strongest candidates.
Please feel free to contact any of the following individuals if you have questions or would like to discuss this position:
- Mike Steele, President, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Megan Burton, President-Elect, Auburn University, email@example.com
- Shari Stockero, Executive Director, Michigan Technological University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Babette Benken, Vice-President for Publications, California State University Long Beach, email@example.com
Please send all application materials to Executive Director Shari Stockero at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: August 15, 2020