The Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Texas at Arlington invites applications for appointment to a 9-month tenure track position at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor in Mathematics Education beginning Fall 2019.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• an earned doctorate in mathematics education or closely related field by August 2019,
• an active record of scholarship and productivity commensurate with experience,
• strong potential for seeking and attracting external funding,
• a minimum of 3 years of mathematics classroom teaching experience including at the secondary (grades 7-12) mathematics level in the US,
• familiarity through teaching and/or research with US public schools; and
• an ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of faculty, students, and school personnel.
Preferred qualifications include:
• evidence that secondary mathematics teaching and/or learning is central to the candidate’s research,
• evidence of strong teaching at the higher education level, and
• experience related to PK-12 teacher education.
Successful candidates will:
• maintain a successful program of research and publication,
• teach undergraduate and graduate-level courses in both traditional and online formats,
• actively seek external funding opportunities,
• become involved in program direction for the secondary certification program, and
• demonstrate a commitment to diversity and equity in education through their scholarship, teaching, and/or service.
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction offers undergraduate teacher certification programs in elementary, elementary bilingual and ESL, middle level, secondary, and special education. An expanding offering of on-campus and online certification, endorsements, and master’s degree programs in areas such as literacy, mathematics, and science education with additional online programs in the planning stages are also provided.
Home to 1,900 students, 36 faculty members, and 28 staff members, the College of Education not only prepares education professionals to lead North Texas in a dynamic and changing environment, but also contributes to the national dialogue surrounding education in the 21st Century. The College has two departments: Curriculum and Instruction, and Educational Leadership and Policy Studies with more than 1,090 graduates in the 2017-18 academic year. The College is currently one of the state’s top producers of outstanding education professionals and is committed to meeting the goals of the UTA Strategic Plan/2020 (https://www.uta.edu/strategicplan/).
The University of Texas at Arlington is a Carnegie Research-1 “highest research activity” institution. With a total global enrollment of over 58,000 in AY 2017-18, UTA is rapidly becoming one of the largest institution in the University of Texas System. Guided by its Strategic Plan Bold Solutions | Global Impact, UTA fosters interdisciplinary research and teaching to enable the sustainable megacity of the future within four broad themes: health and the human condition, sustainable urban communities, global environmental impact, and data-driven discovery. UTA was cited by U.S. News & World Report as having the second lowest average student debt among U.S. universities in 2017. U.S. News & World Report also ranks UTA fifth in the nation for undergraduate diversity. The University is a Hispanic-Serving Institution and is ranked as the top four-year college in Texas for veterans on Military Times’ 2017 Best for Vets list.
Required Application Materials:
To apply, applicants should go to http://uta.peopleadmin.com/ and submit the following materials:
• a letter of interest that includes a statement of research plans and teaching experience (not to exceed 4 pages),
• curriculum vita, and
• names and contact data of three professional references willing to provide a letter.
Review of applications will start November 20th and will continue until the position is filled. Questions may be addressed to: Dr. Christopher Kribs, firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment based on sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
For more information about the University of Texas at Arlington, please visit: http://www.uta.edu/uta