November 7, 2018
GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT: POSITION OPENING
Instruction and Pedagogy Consultant - Mathematics
WHO WE ARE:
Oakland Schools is a regional service agency that offers support services to school personnel that are best delivered regionally and provide cost, size and quality advantages to those we serve. Oakland Schools is an autonomous, tax-supported public school district governed by Michigan General School Laws and is one of 56 intermediate school districts (ISDs) established in Michigan in 1962.
Our organizational focus is centered on these central objectives:
- Increase student achievement
- Serve diverse needs of schools
- Decrease costs/increase efficiencies
$94,018 to $107,503 annually / Exempt position / 12-month work year
Oakland Schools Main Campus, District and School Services Department
2111 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford, MI 48328
IN THIS ROLE:
You will provide leadership and instructional guidance to local school districts regarding alignment of mathematics curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
WHAT WE NEED:
We are seeking a collaborative team member to serve as a Mathematics Education Consultant and work with teachers and administrators to improve high quality mathematics education in K-12 classrooms. Your expertise in developing positive and supportive relationships with local school districts, long and short range action planning, and developing and facilitating mathematics education professional learning will be key in our efforts to support increased student growth and achievement. You will serve as a resource and liaison to Oakland Schools’ staff, local school administrators and staff, parents, government and community agencies. You will provide leadership and instructional guidance to local school districts regarding alignment of mathematics curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Master’s degree in education or related field required. Doctorate degree preferred.
- Three or more years of related experience including classroom teaching responsibilities.
- Valid Teaching Certificate in the area of mathematics or related field.
- Other certifications may be required based upon assignment.
- Experience working with diverse schools/districts.
- Systems thinking mindset.
- Strong knowledge of adult learners and group facilitation skills.
- Ability to use observational data and formative assessment processes to guide professional learning and coaching.
- Strong skill sets and dispositions for collaborative learning and shared leadership.
- Ability to use technology as an instructional and organizational tool.
- Ability to properly utilize tools and equipment necessary in conducting professional development workshops. The incumbent is also required to properly operate required office equipment such as a personal computer, fax machine, copier and the like.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Salary Range of $94,018 to $107,503 annually.
Oakland Schools offers company paid coverage for life insurance, short and long-term disability, well-being benefits and leave days. In addition, Oakland Schools offers comprehensive medical coverage or a cash in lieu benefit, dental, vision, additional life insurance, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, pet insurance, legal plan, college savings plans, tax-sheltered annuity (TSA) plans and the Office of Retirement Services retirement plans.
Letters of interest and resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
For questions regarding this position please contact Alicia Beck at 248.209.2143.
Oakland Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation (subject to the limits of applicable law), age, genetic information, or disability in its programs, services, activities or employment opportunities. Inquiries related to employment discrimination should be directed to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, Personnel Management and Labor Relations at 248.209.2429. Title IX complaints should be directed to the Manager/Supervisor, Career Focused Education at 248.209.2160. For all other inquiries related to discrimination, contact the Executive Director of Legal Affairs at 248.209.2062. All complaints may be addressed to 2111 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford, MI 48328-2736.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.