Chief Academic Officer
The Math Learning Center
The Math Learning Center (MLC) is a successful nonprofit publisher that is meeting a critical need in education by offering innovative math programs. Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Academic Officer will provide thought leadership and internal consulting to ensure sound mathematics and pedagogy while also promoting the mission and philosophy to external audiences.
what you will do…
- Serve as subject matter expert for the Chief Learning Officer (CLO) and their team including leading the effort to articulate the organization’s position on key issues in the field of math education.
- Participate in the math education community and represent the organization at conferences and meetings, including soliciting and responding to writing and speaking opportunities.
- Participate with the CEO, CLO, the Board of Directors and the leadership team to develop and implement the strategic roadmap for the organization.
- Recommend and, as appropriate, personally, provide professional learning opportunities for internal education staff.
- Assist in identifying, recruiting, and engaging math education advisors and consultants.
- Remain abreast of research as well as new developments in the field.
what you need to bring…
- Minimum of 10 years as a thought leader and subject matter expert in math education, preferably at the elementary level.
- Strong understanding of how math education research translates to practical issues for publishers and professional development providers.
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations and professional development to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Non-profit experience or mission-driven approach is a plus.
- Doctorate in math or math education required.
The Math Learning Center is an equal opportunity employer. We provide fair and equal opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. The Math Learning Center hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.