Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy, an independent Jewish day school in suburban Philadelphia, seeks an experienced, dynamic and caring educator to serve as a Math teacher beginning immediately. This candidate is capable of teaching a wide range of courses in grades 6 through 12. Interested candidates must have the ability to collaborate with colleagues, develop student-centered curriculum, and foster a growth mindset for each of their students. Developing an inclusive environment where students feel safe to take risks in their learning is a central value for the Barrack academic program. In addition, the candidate should seek professional growth and learning through team meetings, professional development opportunities and collaboration with Barrack educators. The ideal candidate teaches with energy and enthusiasm. Students and faculty are guided by the four values in our school’s Derech Eretz Honor Code: Honor/Kavod, Moral Courage/Ometz Lev, Kindness/Hesed, and Community/Kehilla.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong background in educating Middle School and Upper School students. Master’s degree candidates are preferred.
- Ability to teach Math to students at different levels with preference given to candidates who have successfully taught calculus.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function as a member of a team and to work as a team member, harmoniously and cooperatively, with administrators, teachers, students, and parents
- A positive, strong work ethic
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Computer knowledge applicable to the position such as word-processing skills, electronic presentation skills, web navigation skills, and email management skills
Salary is dependent on the highest degree obtained and the number of years of teaching experience. For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter to Sarah Strick, Mathematics Department Chair. firstname.lastname@example.org