Announced July 26, 2018
The AMTE Board of Directors is seeking applications for the next Vice-President of Communications and Outreach, and the next Vice-President for Advocacy, Equity, and Research.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, August 31, 2018.
The 2017 restructuring of AMTE created five divisions, which house committees that carry out the work of AMTE. Each division has a Vice-President that coordinates and oversees the work of the committees and ensures that the division’s work is advancing the priorities of the organization. Vice-Presidents serve a three-year term, meet monthly as a part of the Board of Directors meetings, and meet regularly with the Associate Vice-Presidents that lead work within the divisions. In 2019, we will be welcoming new Vice-Presidents for the Division of Communications and Outreach and the Division of Advocacy, Equity, and Research. We thank our outgoing VPs in each of those divisions, Suzanne Harper and Paola Sztajn, for their outstanding service to AMTE.
In order to ensure a strong transition, Vice-Presidents will be solicited and appointed by the Board of Directors prior to the fall Board of Directors retreat. This will provide incoming VPs the opportunity to shadow outgoing VPs and to interact with the Board.
About the Position
Please review the position descriptions:
- Description/Charge for VP for Communications and Outreach
- Description/Charge for VP for Advocacy, Equity, and Research
Candidates for the VP positions must be AMTE members in good standing for at least three years and have a record of attendance in the annual conference. Minimum and preferred qualifications as well as details about responsibilities are given in the job description. Potential candidates are encouraged to discuss their interest in the position with their supervisor(s) at their current institution.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this position, prepare a request for consideration to include:
- Name; professional affiliation; position; contact information;
- Statement (no more than one page) summarizing interest and qualifications for the position; and
- Curriculum vita.
The Board of Directors may request additional information and will interview the strongest candidates.
Please feel free to contact any of the following individuals if you have questions or would like to discuss this position:
- Randolph Philipp, President, San Diego State University, email@example.com
- Mike Steele, President-Elect, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suzanne Harper, Vice-President for Communications and Outreach, Miami University, email@example.com
- Paola Sztajn, Vice-President for Advocacy, Equity, and Research, North Carolina State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tim Hendrix, Executive Director, Meredith College, email@example.com
Please send all application materials to Executive Director Tim Hendrix at firstname.lastname@example.org.