Announced July 9, 2019
The AMTE Board of Directors seeks applications for the next Vice-President of Membership, and the next Vice-President for Professional Learning.
The deadline for nominations is Thursday, August 15, 2019.
AMTE leadership consists of five divisions, which house committees and panels that carry out the work of AMTE. Each division has a Vice-President that coordinates and oversees the work of the committees and ensures that the division’s work is advancing the priorities of the organization. Vice-Presidents serve a three-year term, meet monthly as a part of the Board of Directors meetings, and meet regularly with the Associate Vice-Presidents that lead work within the divisions. In 2020, we will be welcoming new Vice-Presidents for the Division of Membership and the Division of Professional Learning. We thank our outgoing VPs in each of those divisions, Maggie McGatha and Lynn Breyfogle, for their outstanding service to AMTE.
In order to ensure a strong transition, Vice-Presidents will be solicited and appointed by the Board of Directors prior to the fall Board of Directors retreat. This will provide incoming VPs the opportunity to shadow outgoing VPs, attend the Fall Board Retreat, and to interact with the Board.
About the Position
Please review the position descriptions:
Candidates for the VP positions must be AMTE members in good standing for at least three years and have a record of attendance in the annual conference. Minimum and preferred qualifications as well as details about responsibilities are given in the job description. Potential candidates are encouraged to discuss their interest in the position with their supervisor(s) at their current institution.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this position, prepare a request for consideration to include:
- Name; professional affiliation; position; contact information;
- Statement (no more than one page) summarizing interest and qualifications for the position; and
- Curriculum vita.
The Board of Directors may request additional information and will interview the strongest candidates.
Please feel free to contact any of the following individuals if you have questions or would like to discuss this position:
- Mike Steele, President, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, email@example.com
- Randolph Philipp, Past-President, San Diego State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tim Hendrix, Executive Director, Meredith College, email@example.com
- Maggie McGatha, Vice-President for Membership, M2 Consulting, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lynn Breyfogle, Vice-President for Professional Learning, Bucknell University, email@example.com
Please send all application materials to Executive Director Tim Hendrix at firstname.lastname@example.org.