Deadline is September 15, 2015!
The 2016 Nadine Bezuk Excellence in Leadership and Service Award is intended to recognize a colleague for a unique contribution in service that has made a significant and lasting contribution to mathematics teacher education, directly and indirectly. The nominee must have demonstrated commitment to mathematics teacher education through one or more of the following areas:
- Active participation in advancing the development and improvement of mathematics teacher education (e.g., membership and leadership roles in state, national, and international organizations).
- Active promotion and participation in activities promoting quality mathematics teacher education (e.g., creator of programs, coordinator of programs, writing and participating in grants, conferences, symposia, academies, supervisor of a student affiliate organization).
- Active participation in the governmental and political areas to promote and protect beneficial legislation, to promote better awareness, and/or to build better communication.
- Active promotion and participation in school-university-community-government partnerships that have advanced mathematics teacher education (local, state, national level).
- An unusual commitment to the support of mathematics teachers in the field (such as distinctive mentoring experiences).
Criteria for the Nadine Bezuk Excellence in Leadership and Service Award
The nominee for the Excellence in Leadership and Service Award should be an active member of the mathematics teacher education community and have at least five years of commitment to mathematics teacher education. He or she should have made unique contributions to the field of mathematics teacher education. Unique contributions should be considered in the broadest sense possible.
Documentation required for the Nadine Bezuk Excellence in Leadership and Service Award:
- A current vita of the nominee, focused on excellence in service to mathematics teacher education (5 page limit).
- A letter of nomination documenting the nominee‘s eligibility for the award, related to the criteria listed above.
- Additional letters of support (no more than four) for the nomination from individuals knowledgeable of the nominee‘s contributions relative to one or more of the criteria stated above.
Nomination Process for Excellence Awards
AMTE members can nominate a mathematics teacher educator who meets the criteria of the award. Self-nominations will not be considered. Nomination materials should include those stated in each section above.
The committee will review applications in an electronic format; all application materials should be submitted as a single PDF file using the AMTE Award Nomination Form. More information and the online nomination form can be found at: http://amte.net/about/awards.
Please be sure that the nomination materials are clearly labeled with the name of the nominee.
Deadline: September 15, 2015