Deadline is September 15, 2016!
The Board of Directors of the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators has established an Award for Recognition of Excellence in Mathematics Teacher Education, to be awarded annually to a mathematics teacher educator of national recognition at the AMTE Annual Conference. The purpose of this award is to recognize excellence in each area of mathematics teacher education (teaching, service, scholarship). The recipient will give a featured presentation at the AMTE Annual Conference in the year they receive the award.
The 2017 Award for Excellence in Scholarship is intended to honor a colleague for a unique contribution in scholarship that has made a significant and lasting contribution to mathematics teacher education, directly and indirectly. The nominee shall have demonstrated commitment to mathematics teacher education through one or more of the following areas:
- The dissemination of research findings and publication of materials offering unique perspectives on the professional growth of mathematics teachers
- The publication of materials useful in the preparation or continuing growth of mathematics teachers
- The design of innovative preservice or inservice programs
- The contribution of theoretical perspectives that have pushed the field forward.
Criteria for Excellence in Scholarship Award
The nominee for the Excellence in Scholarship Award should be an active member of the mathematics teacher education community and have at least five years of commitment to mathematics teacher education. The nominee should have made unique contributions to the field of mathematics teacher education. Unique contributions should be considered in the broadest sense possible.
NOTE: Nominations for this award are for individuals only. Group nominations will not be considered.
Documentation required for Excellence in Scholarship Award:
- A current vita of the nominee.
- A letter of nomination from an established colleague documenting evidence that supports the nominee's contributions in the particular focus area (service, teaching, scholarship) for which they are nominated.
- Additional letters of support (no more than two) from individuals (e.g., colleagues within and outside of the individual’s institution, recent doctoral graduates mentored by the nominee) knowledgeable of the nominee’s contributions relative to the focus area. Letters with multiple authors are accepted.
AMTE members can nominate a mathematics teacher educator who meets the criteria for the particular focus area (service, teaching, scholarship). Self-nominations will not be considered. Nomination materials should include those stated in each section above.
The committee will review applications in an electronic format; all application materials should be submitted as a single PDF file. The file should be uploaded to the AMTE Awards website. See http://amte.net/about/awards in summer 2016 for more information regarding where to upload.
Deadline for Nominations
Nominations for the Excellence in Scholarship Award must be received by September 15, 2016.
Please be sure that the nomination materials are clearly labeled with the name of the nominee.