The following is a list of changes to the PDF Program for the 2023 Annual AMTE Conference. Please return to this page for updates.
The following presentations have been canceled:
- Session 031. Unsettling Norms, Dismantling Barriers, and Healing My Wounds: Recognizing and Disrupting White, Ableist Normativity in Mathematics Education (AMTE Early Career Award Session)
- Session 037, Bridging Theory and Practice: Intersecting Standards for Mathematical Practice and Equitable Mathematics Teaching Practices.
- Poster P05. Becoming an Elementary Math Teacher: Exploring Narratives
- Poster P06. Black Teachers’ Trajectories: Stories of Early Learning, Navigating Inequities, and Teaching Elementary Mathematics Today
- Poster P13. Exploring Circle Circumference: Beyond Opportunities To Learn Mathematics Content for Prospective Teachers
- Poster P21. Interns' Perceptions of Policies and Practices that Support Black Mathematics Teacher Candidates’ Recruitment and Retention
- Poster P43. Which Scale Should We Use to Measure the Right Angle?
- Session 107. Mathematics Content and Curriculum Discussion Session Developing Full Understanding of Scale/Scaling through Cross-disciplinary Activities
- Session 166. Supporting Teachers’ Learning through Integrating Rough Drafts and Revising into Mathematics Teacher Education Coursework
- Session 181. Developing Pedagogical Empathy in Rehearsal Debriefs
- Session 186. Enhancing Learning and Assessment through Gameplay
- Session 174, Criteria for Selecting Math Tasks: A Novice and Expert Comparison
The following speakers will not be able to participate in scheduled sessions:
- Ben Freeburn, Session 36. Using Rehearsal Debriefs with Experienced Teachers to Negotiate an Understanding of an Ambitious Teaching Practice
- Miriam Leshin, Session 190. “What Would That Look Like?”: Fostering Meaningful Connections Between Cooperating Teachers, Candidates, and Teacher Educators
- Aida Alibek, Session 197. Investigating the Cognitive Demand of Integrated STEM Tasks: Learning Mathematics, Science and Coding with Robotics.
- Karisma Morton, Session 071. Investigating the Cultural Critical Consciousness Development of Preservice Teachers in STEM Education
- Tyreeka Williams, Poster P30. Providing Equitable Access to Mathematics Educators through a Collaborative University- School Partnership
To report additional changes, or if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org