Travel and Participation
AMTE holds two face-to-face board meetings per year and conducts monthly board meetings online the rest of the year.
- Face-to-face Board Meetings: AMTE holds two such board meetings each year:
- The day before the AMTE annual conference (January or February)
- One other face-to-face Board Meeting in the form of an Annual Board Retreat later in the year
- Monthly Online Meetings: The Board also meets online using Go-To-Meeting, on the 3rd Friday of each month from 12 – 2 PM Eastern Time
- Travel reimbursement policies:
- For the annual Board meeting at the AMTE Conference, AMTE will provide a room at a reduced rate or will pay for one day’s hotel accommodations and meals (receipts are required). AMTE does not reimburse for any type of transportation for the meeting at the Annual Conference.
- For the Annual Board Retreat, AMTE will cover all travel, lodging and meals. (Receipts are required for any expense not paid directly by AMTE.)
Responsibilities of the Position
- Contribute time, effort and knowledge to advance the objectives of the Board and attain the goals of the organization.
- Ensure that the affairs of the AMTE are conducted in accordance with the Constitution, By-laws, and policies of the AMTE.
- Direct and review the general affairs of the organization within the limits set forth in the Constitution and By-laws.
- Provide leadership for the attainment of the goals of the AMTE.
- Participate in online, conference call, and face-to-face Board discussions.
- Participate in the activities of and act as a Board representative for assigned committees – communicating Board actions to committee chairs and committee feedback to Board.
- Assist the President with the selection of committee members and chairs, as requested.
- Give input to the President and making decisions on behalf of the membership.
- Participate in decision making of the Board, including voting on motions as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the President.
- Serve as voting member of the Board.
From AMTE Constitution and By-laws:
The Members-at-Large shall assume those responsibilities determined by the President.
For more detailed information including a sample timeline of duties, please see pages 10 – 11 of the AMTE Leadership Handbook (4-17-10), which is located on the AMTE Website at: http://amte.net/about.