Dental, Medical, Vision
CalWest's client school, Sea Crest School, located in Half Moon Bay, California, seeks an innovative and experienced Middle School Mathematics Teacher and a Middle School Mathematics/Science Teacher, both for the 2018-2019 school year. Teachers are responsible for instruction in mathematics or mathematics and science for middle school students. In addition, s/he is responsible for providing a classroom management system compatible with the school’s philosophy and differentiating instruction to meet student needs.
- The Middle School Mathematics Teacher will be responsible for creating a comprehensive and dynamic mathematics program aligned with the Singapore approach to mathematics.
- The Middle School Mathematics/Science Teacher will be responsible for creating a comprehensive and dynamic mathematics program aligned with the Singapore approach to mathematics and a project-based Science program. The Math/Science teacher is responsible for 2 sections of math and 2 sections of science instruction for middle school students.
- Prepare and execute thoughtful units of study designed to reach different learning styles of the students in the classroom
- Regularly assess student learning using a variety of tools and means and maintain regular communication with parents and administrators about student progress
- Maintain a safe and engaging learning environment
- Consistently and clearly communicate with colleagues, administrators and parents regarding student work and classroom projects or issues
- Attend regular weekly faculty meetings and serve as a Middle School advisor
- Plan and instruct a STEM-related middle school elective class per trimester
- Collaborate with teachers to ensure integration with other subjects
- Plan, organize and conduct relevant field trips
- Attend and assist with assemblies and special events, some of which occur outside of normal school hours
- Actively participate in all in-service and orientation days
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics or a related field of study required; Teaching Credential or Master’s degree preferred
- Experience teaching mathematics and science, preferably in an independent school setting
- Experience and understanding of Singapore Mathematics preferred
Sea Crest is a K-8 co-ed independent day school enrolling 300 students from the San Mateo County coastal and inland communities. Average class size is 18 students. The curriculum is challenging and creative, providing in-depth units of study. Students have the advantage of daily physical education, as well as enrichment classes in Spanish, art, drama, music, and technology integrated within the weekly schedule.
Please note: While we appreciate your interest, due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to all applicants or give individual application status updates; candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
About CalWest Educators Placement:
With team members nationwide, CalWest specializes in the placement of educators and school leaders throughout the western region of the United States. Over the years, we have excelled in building meaningful relationships with candidates and becoming trusted advisors to the independent school community. By partnering with us, you will experience the degree of time, energy, and personal involvement that we devote to each search.
Company website: http://www.calwesteducators.com
Posted date: 3 days ago