The Science and Mathematics Education Program, housed in the School of Teaching, Learning and Educational Sciences in the College of Education, Health and Aviation at Oklahoma State University is seeking a leading thinker and outstanding professional to assume the role of Assistant Professor, tenure track, with specialization in Mathematics Education.
REQUIREMENTS Minimum requirements:
- An earned doctorate with an emphasis in Mathematics Education, or related area by the start date for the position;
- Minimum of three years of successful full-time K-12 classroom teaching experience in U.S. public schools;
- Evidence of or potential for effective, undergraduate and graduate instruction;
- Evidence of or demonstrated potential for scholarly and creative activities within a line of inquiry focused to advance knowledge in mathematics education; and
- Evidence of collegiality and collaboration at both the higher education levels and with public school communities
- Experience teaching in a K-6 classroom;
- Experience teaching and working with elementary preservice teachers; and
- Experience procuring grants and funding for research and development projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES Responsibilities for this faculty position include:
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses;
- Engaging in scholarly activities leading to grants, presentations, and publications related to the position;
- Recruiting and mentoring graduate students; and
- Participating in committee service to the department, college, university, and community.