Appalachian State University
Quick Link to Posting: https://appstate.
Closing Date: 12/08/2019
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direction and leadership for the Mathematics and Science Education Center.
- Develop, plan, manage, and implement STEM education programs and professional development programs for K-12 math/science teachers.
- Secure grant funding to support the work of math and science/STEM education.
- Build collaborative partnerships across the university, school district, and other educational organizations as appropriate.
- Systematically plan and carry out activities for math/science faculty development (higher education and K-12).
- Develop resources for math and science/STEM educators.
- Stay relevant and current in instructional practices and research-based methodologies that further the work and understanding of math and science /STEM education.
- Assist K-12 administrators and teachers in evaluating and improving classroom instruction in the STEM programs.
- Develop resources (e.g., web pages, social media outreach, workshops) to assist in advancing and delivering professional development activities and providing more visibility of the Center’s work.
- Develop and oversee research outreach clusters across the University.
- Stay connected, current, and active on state and national-level STEM initiatives and research.
- Work with the dean and college advancement officer to cultivate and support donor relations and fundraising opportunities for the Center.
- Teach a course in one of the STEM areas represented in the Reich College of Education or College of Arts and Sciences.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the inclusive excellence mission and goals of the university and college.
Review of Applicants Begins:
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
Lisa Lanette Poling