ReGeneration Schools is a nonprofit school management organization that's dedicated to revitalizing failing schools through a college prep and character mission. We oversee three elementary Chicago International Charter Schools (CICS) in Chicago: CICS Avalon, CICS Basil, and CICS Washington Park. The mission of ReGeneration Schools is to ensure that all children have equal access to high quality, college preparatory education. ReGeneration currently serves over 1,600 low-income students, with over 93% of our students identifying as African American and Hispanic. We are dedicated to closing the opportunity gap because we believe the only way for our society to build a better democracy is by rebuilding America’s failing schools. We are seeking Mathematics Teachers to join our school network for the 2020-2021 school year: CICS Avalon, CICS Basil, and CICS Washington Park. These individuals will have superior content knowledge and proven track records of providing excellent learning experiences that deepens students’ understanding of multiple mathematics concepts. These individuals will also collaborate with classroom teachers in planning units that are aligned with the Common Core academic standards.
- Believes low-income students can become college and career ready.
- High expectations on personal and team performance.
- Flexible to changing priorities and conditions.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate mastery of academic subjects and behavioral interventions.
- 1-5 years of teaching experience in an urban setting. Valid State Certification (IL Type 03, IL Type 09, or Provisional license)
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution required (submit a copy of unofficial transcript with application)
- Design and implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards.
- Design, implement and use informal and formal assessments to measure the progress of students. Use data to refine the curriculum and inform instructional practices.
- Work collaboratively with school team to determine instructional and social needs of students that ensure success, and promote students’ well-being.
- Collaborate with fellow teachers to create a friendly and safe environment demonstrating shared responsibility for achievement.
- Adhere to and support all school policies to enforce school core values, high expectations, and strict code of conduct. Set and attain ambitious student achievement and social-emotional benchmarks.
- Model and encourage appropriate student behavior (i.e. grit, self-control, social intelligence, optimism, and curiosity).
- Work with school team to constantly evaluate and improve mastery of instructional, culture building, and leadership skills.
- Maintain a classroom that demonstrates discipline, order, and rigor.
- Ensure that all students graduate ready for the next academic level.
- Reflect critically on teaching practice and implement improvement strategies as needed. Participate in mandatory summer orientation (3 weeks) and training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits (based on education and experience).