Job Title: Partnership Manager
Department: Customer Experience
Reports to: Chief Customer Officer
Illustrative Mathematics (IM) is committed to creating a world where learners know, use, and enjoy mathematics. With a strategic focus on developing freely available, high-quality PreK–12 math curricula; embedded, ongoing professional learning and an active teacher community, IM is seen as the experts in standards-aligned mathematics resources with a strong reputation for high-quality, freely available materials.
Our Team. We achieve these goals by putting our employees first. As a deeply embedded and highly respected partner in the K–12 education space, IM attracts a diverse group of talented people who work in spirited teams to do extraordinary things. Our team of professionals include distinguished university faculty, respected education bloggers, presidential-award-winning teachers, and experienced business leaders from some of the top organizations in the field. Every member of our team is committed to K–12 mathematics education and passionate about making a difference with high-need students.
Our Culture. Illustrative Mathematics is unique in its ability to bring diverse people together to achieve common goals. Across the organization, IM encourages diversity of ideas, healthy debate and constructive feedback. IM works to find the common ground between mathematics and classroom experts, and to skillfully balance the voice of the customer with the vision of the developer in order to create meaningful, useful, and engaging resources of the highest quality.
Vision for this position: IM is seeking a Partnership Manager who is responsible for managing our distribution channel partners. This includes managing existing partners to meet financial and organizational goals, and ensuring we maximize all opportunities including state adoptions and related RFPs.
Position Type: Full-Time
- Manage IM Certified distribution and service provider partners. This includes managing and supporting distribution partners to meet financial and organizational goals, while ensuring we maximize all opportunities to support our impact goals.
- Lead quarterly business review with each distribution partner. Learn about successes, challenges, and opportunities moving forward. Share summary of findings across the organization.
- Build and maintain partnership and customer relationships to support the organization with trust, transparency, and clear communication.
- Develop and deliver product and sales training with the support of the product strategy team.
- Make recommendations on supporting or declining custom opportunities based on market need and IM’s expertise and capacity in collaboration with the product strategy team.
- Develop or bring a deep understanding of the challenges districts face in math teaching and learning and the processes by which schools implement new curriculum.
- Attend district events and meetings to manage the customer relationship and represent IM. nd deliver product and sales training with the support of the product strategy team.
- Be proficient and efficient with the use of the CRM (Salesforce.com) as a sales management tool. Provide weekly pipeline and account reports.
- Support upcoming state adoptions and key RFPs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Develop a deep understanding of IM K-12 Math curriculum and professional learning offerings.
- College degree in business or education or 5+ years of sales channel management or support, ideally in the K-12 marketplace.
- Preference for experience with state adoptions.
- Experience using data to drive day-to-day decisions.
- Strong prioritization and project management skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, relationship-building collaborative environment.
- Experience with marketing systems including CRM (Salesforce.com), Microsoft programs, and Google.
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and writing skills.
- Ability to problem-solve/troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times.
Illustrative Mathematics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds. Candidates are encouraged to apply via our website https://www.illustrativemathematics.org/jobs/.