Illustrative Mathematics has a need for a Research and Analysis Consultant to support the analysis and reporting of data across a variety of impact related projects.
- Work closely with IM’s Director of Impact to develop compelling analytics for a variety of IM’s research and evaluation projects
- Integrate, configure, analyze, visualize, interpret, and narrate data from disparate datasets, including classroom observation, survey, interview, focus group, and student achievement data
- Apply hierarchical regression and linear models and/or propensity score matching to estimate the impact of implementation variables on measures of student achievement and mathematical flourishing
- Develop a series of short, interim reports for a variety of IM’s research partners (school districts)
- Extract and restructure data from the newly-developed IM Community Hub to develop monthly summary reports for multiple indicators of user engagement and interaction
- Serve in a part-time, on-call capacity (estimated 8-12 hours per week from November, 2020 through July 2021, minus holiday weeks) with quick turnaround to ensure that reporting is available to district partners in a timely manner
- Creative and collaborative problem-solver
- Deep understanding and skill with the general linear model and quantitative methods
- Excellent communication and writing skills, with an ability to synthesize and present data in a simple, meaningful way (ability to produce beautiful and top-notch data visualization is a plus)
- Experience with a variety of data analysis software packages
- Graduate degree in a field related to educational research, measurement, education/public policy, statistics, or equivalent work experience with a strong research emphasis
- Experience working in and an understanding of the K–12 education sector
- Willingness and availability to accommodate the part-time, on-call nature of the role from November, 2020 through July, 2021
Illustrative Mathematics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds. Candidates are encouraged to apply via our website https://www.illustrativemathematics.org/jobs/.