ICA Cristo Rey, an all-female Catholic, college-preparatory school, located in the Mission District of San Francisco, is sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose. Our school follows the commitment of our foundress, Mother Maria Pia Backes, to serve the young, the poor, and the vulnerable.
ICA Cristo Rey is a member of the Cristo Rey Network of schools. Our students engage in a corporate work-study experience that makes college-preparatory education accessible and affordable and prepares them for professional success.
We are currently looking for the following position for the 2022-2023 school year:
- Mathematics -- Pre-Algebra and Algebra I
The successful candidate will:
- Implement a standards-based and college preparatory curriculum with appropriate student learning targets for a wide range of learners.
- Design learning opportunities that build upon student knowledge and skills
- Design and administer both formal and informal assessments to measure student understanding.
- Institute an inquiry-based approach to learning
- Instruct with hands-on and/or problem-based lesson design.
- Use effective, research-based instructional and classroom management practices.
- Align curriculum and instruction to best meet the needs of students.
- Administer effective instruction in classroom and online environments and move fluidly between both.
- Demonstrate and promote the responsible use of technology as a learning tool.
- Communicate with colleagues, students, parents, and school leadership regarding student performance.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with students, families, and colleagues.
- Make use of STEM and technology opportunities within the Bay Area to enrich student experiences and open new opportunities for them.
- Build excitement among students and inspire them to be more enthusiastic and sophisticated readers and writers.
We are looking for passionate people who are clear in their thinking about what is possible for students and who have an unyielding work ethic, hunger to learn, and a sense of optimism. We are searching for people with a strong mission fit and tight alignment to our belief that ALL students – regardless of life circumstances – can and will succeed. We seek people who have the motivation, drive, compassion, and commitment to ensure that all students reach their full potential. High-performing people who desire to join us in our mission are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in content area
- Experience teaching; preferably experience teaching at the college preparatory level.
- Experience effectively teaching and assessing an urban, financially challenged, culturally diverse student population.
Answer two of the three following questions:
- At ICA Cristo Rey, you will be expected to design, plan, and teach college-prep courses yet many of your students will begin high school two to three years below grade level. What will it take to accomplish this task, how will you go about it, and how will you measure success? (Maximum Response: 500 words)
- Math and Science are some of the most difficult high school classes. Describe some of your best practices that make high-school Math (or Science) accessible, exciting, relevant, and interesting to learn. (Maximum Response: 500 words)
- Communication, Critical Thinking, Creativity and Collaboration are concrete skills that ICA Cristo Rey students develop for success in high school, college, and beyond. Describe how your curriculum and instructional strategies cultivates these skills in a classroom of diverse learners. (Maximum Response: 500 Words)