Responsible for the delivery of classroom education in the subject of Mathematics.
Math Subject Range
Remedial Math, Basic Mathematical Functions (fractions/decimals/ percentages, problem solving, use of ratio and proportion, algebra, geometry, square roots, exponents, linear equations and scientific notation), metric, apothecary and household systems of measurement, Basic financial mathematics.
- Believes and adheres to the mission of NLEI, showing interest, and concern for all students and staff.
- Covers all material in depth and scope as described in the course syllabi.
- Provides lesson plans for each class in advance.
- Provides Teaching Assignments Application per term; provides completed Substitute Form for each class in advance as may be needed.
- Begins class at the designated time and provides a full period of instruction for scheduled class time.
- Upholds academic integrity.
- Devotes one full hour to preparation time for every five hours taught.
- Utilizes a variety of teaching styles in order to meet the different learning styles of students.
- Attends Faculty meetings, In-Services, Workshops and any other forums as needed; provides feedback on curricula, student progress, and other instruction-related topics.
- Available for regular classroom observations and course/student surveys; collaboratively reviews results of the classroom observations and course/student surveys.
- Equitably allocates time for individual students as needed to assist with progress in class and addresses any problems, which may hamper successful program completion.
- Provides individual and group guidance to students as needed; maintains up-to-date information that addresses students' progress and/or obstacles; reports existing conditions and situations regarding all students as needed.
- Assists in documentation of student attendance; keeps accurate attendance rosters on a daily basis and verifies student attendance and tardiness as needed; reports significant attendance issues.
- Actively engages in student retention activities. Identifies new educational approaches for discussion and implementation.
- Administers and grades examinations and schoolwork for each course taught; submits all graded student work within the specified period of time.
- Maintains progress reports for each student during each course taught and submits timely electronic Grade Reports.
- Submits all grades according to the NLEI Grade Policy.
- Able to communicate grade calculations to students.
- Submits required accreditation instructor data.
- Keeps current with subject areas. Participates in professional development plans and opportunities.
- Responsible for the custody, care, and safekeeping of school property and exercises control over expendable supplies; limits use of technology, (i.e. computers, printers, etc.) to school-related business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Education or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in teaching experience in post-secondary and/or vocational education required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)/bicultural, preferred.
- Experience in Health Care institutions
- Educational background that includes instruction in Educational Theory and Techniques.
- Proven experience in Project Management.
- Curriculum development experience desired.
- Current Resume (Curriculum Vitae)
- Official transcripts for all claimed degrees.
- Candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.