TENURE-TRACK ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN TEACHING AND LEARNING
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY
The Department of Teaching and Learning in the College of Education at Washington State University Tri-Cities campus seeks applicants with expertise in mathematics education. The candidate will have an earned doctorate in mathematics education or mathematics with an emphasis in mathematics education and a demonstrated commitment to scholarly activity. The College of Education seeks applicants with a demonstrated knowledge and commitment to contribute to an environment of equity, inclusion, and belonging by working with individuals and groups with a variety of identities, cultures, and backgrounds in a global environment. The position begins August 16, 2023.
- Completed PhD in Mathematics Education or related degree with an emphasis in mathematics education at time of appointment
- Demonstrated scholarly record or potential to develop one at time of appointment
- Demonstrated ability to work in K-12 mathematics education and/or STEM education
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and social justice and/or experience working with diverse/underserved populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and educational stakeholders
- Successful instruction of elementary mathematics teaching methods and/or related teacher education courses
- Successful instruction of undergraduate mathematics courses
- Successful grant procurement; advising and/or mentoring graduate students
To apply, visit hrs.wsu.edu/jobs/ , select your appropriate employment status, and search for R-8027.
Formal screening of applications will begin January 6, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.