Essential Functions and Objectives:
Broad responsibility for leading a team of managers to execute against the overall business plan, based on guidance from leadership. Directs, plans and oversees team initiatives, to ensure implementation and administration of programs align with district goals.
Manage a team charged with overseeing the design, implementation, and operations of growth and performance management systems for school-based, central office, and field employees. The director will be responsible for the high-quality implementation of the district’s growth and performance systems for teachers, school leaders, central office, and school-based employees, and will work collaboratively across multiple teams to help ensure alignment and quality across district growth and performance systems. Responsible for the strategic management of the use of growth and performance data to inform decision-making and compliance with state statutes as well as design tools and strategies to support high-quality and consistent implementation of these systems across classrooms, schools, and central office. Additionally, lead the vision and direction for how Talent Mapping will drive intentional development, promotion and growth opportunities for high performing and high potential employees across both schools and the central office. This work will be vital to further evolving the district-wide Talent Strategy.
- Lead comprehensive strategic planning processes and initiatives to maximize the intended goals of the district’s growth and performance systems.
- Lead vision and direction for Talent Mapping to drive intentional development, promotion and growth opportunities for high performing, high potential employees.
- Direct the implementation of growth and performance system for all teachers, school leaders, central office, and field employees in the district and ensure the design and implementation of a strategic plan focused on high-quality training and calibration to create accurate, consistent, equitable, growth-focused experiences across the district.
- Manage and foster collaborative relationships with Colorado Department of Education (CDE), Department of Justice (DOJ) and all Employee Associations to ensure compliance with state statutes (SB-191), collective bargaining agreements, and to foster collaborative efforts for continuous improvements.
- Develop deep partnership with the Human Resources Partners, School Division, Teacher Leader Learning, Portfolio, Culture Equity Leadership Team and other key stakeholders to support the use of growth and performance data to inform decision-making.
- Manage team to deploy resources to ensure stakeholders are provided with technical and adaptive support and guidance throughout the performance life cycle.
- Develop and implement reporting tools and processes to allow stakeholders to effectively track the performance of growth and performance management systems, including supporting the continuous improvement of a comprehensive data dashboard to enable data-driven human capital decision-making.
- Work with DPS Assessment, HRIS, and DoTS teams to develop and manage structures to ensure accuracy of data captured within system and system operations.
- Proactively identify, track and resolve issues, risks, and dependencies associated with growth and performance management operations, and communicate risks, issues, and solutions to project team and senior leadership. Identify and implement issue resolutions.