Assistant Professor, Mathematics Education
The University of Houston-Clear Lake invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor, Mathematics Education.to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Mathematics Education in the College of Education beginning fall 2023.
- Teach a regular course load in both fall and spring in Mathematics Education and STEM courses as well as master-level courses in Curriculum and Instruction which may include collaboration with area public schools and field experience supervision or practicum advisement.
- Participate, collaborate, and serve in the following capacities; program level meetings, initiatives and growth of Curriculum and Instruction program, student recruitment, as well as College of Education, university, and professional organizations.
- Establish an active scholarly research and publication agenda and perform related duties as assigned.
- Doctorate in Mathematics Education or related field with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Mathematics.
- Minimum three years of K-12 public/private teaching experience.
- Knowledge in the field of mathematics education, STEM, and Curriculum and Instruction.
- Instructional strategies relevant to K-12 education and knowledge of the TEKS for EC-12.
- Knowledge of teacher preparation.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
Experience teaching Mathematics Education courses.
Required Attachments by Candidate: Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Notes to Applicant:
Applications are only be accepted online through our Job Opportunities website. To apply, please complete the online faculty application and attach a cover letter. Reference providers will be contacted for final candidates only. Only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. must be provided as a condition of employment. A successful background check is required prior to on-campus interviews. Review of completed applications will begin immediately. We reserve the right to extend the search or not fill position.
University of Houston-Clear Lake is proud to be recognized by the U.S. Department of the Interior as a member of the Minority Serving Institutions Program. UHCL is an HSI: Hispanic Serving Institution and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer supporting workplace diversity.
To apply: Assistant Professor, Mathematics Education