University of Houston-Clear Lake invites applicants for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in Mathematics in the College of Science and Engineering beginning in the Fall, 2023 semester.
- Develop and teach 3-course equivalents (9 semester hours) every long semester in Mathematics Education and Mathematics for both graduate and undergraduate students.
- Supervise graduate projects in Mathematics Education in support of the Mathematics Education subplan of our Master’s Degree Program in Mathematics.
- Conduct research and participate in other scholarly activities in Mathematics or Mathematics Education. Publish articles in peer-reviewed journals in mathematics education and related fields.
- Design, secure and participate in grants related to the teaching and learning of Mathematics.
- Contribute to University and Departmental committees, to professional organizations, and to the local K-12 community of Mathematics teachers. Perform related duties as assigned
- PhD in Mathematics Education (with at least 30 graduate semester hours in Mathematics content courses).
- At least two years full-time Mathematics teaching experience (or the equivalent) at the post-secondary level (at least 30 semesters hours) or at the K-12 level in U.S. public or private schools.
- Excellent interpersonal and teaching skills.
- Must have clear, precise, and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt as well as to work collaboratively with faculty in other disciplines as well as neighboring colleges and universities.
- Experience directing student graduate research/projects in Mathematics Education.
- Experience participating in and securing grants related to the teaching and learning of Mathematics.
- Experience teaching graduate courses Mathematics Education courses as well as undergraduate content courses for pre-service teachers.
- Prior or current U.S. state teacher certification in Mathematics.
- Experience teaching Mathematics effectively using commonly accepted best practices, including the use of technology.
Required Attachments by Candidate: Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Unofficial Transcripts, Teaching Philosophy or Statement, Research Statement
Notes to Applicant:
Applications are only accepted online through the UHCL Job Opportunities website. To apply, please complete the online application and attach a letter of interest and a curriculum vitae. Reference letters will only be required from candidates invited for an on-campus interview. Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. must be provided as a condition of employment. A background check is required prior to on-campus interviews. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. UHCL reserves the right to extend the search or not fill the position.
UHCL is proud to be recognized by the U.S. Department of the Interior as a member of the Minority Serving Institutions Program and is an HSI: Hispanic Serving Institution and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer supporting workplace diversity.
: C0043 CSE Dean's Office
: Mar 31, 2023, 3:12:00 PM