7th Grade Math Teacher - Leave coverage
The Latin School of Chicago is seeking an experienced Middle School Math Teacher to teach our 7th grade team from approximately mid-October through mid-February.
The 7th Grade Math Teacher will teach three sections of Pre-Algebra/Algebra I and one section of Honors Algebra I, as well as serve as a homeroom teacher.
Latin School of Chicago provides its students with a rigorous and innovative educational program in a community that embraces diversity of people, cultures and ideas. Latin inspires its students to pursue their passions and lead lives of purpose and excellence. This is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring lower school educator who has a passion for exploring teaching and supporting students in an outstanding academic environment.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics or Mathematics Education is strongly preferred. Bachelor’s degree is minimum requirement.
- At least 3 years’ experience teaching math to middle school-age students
- Experience using a problem-solving approach in teaching
- Enjoys the energy and enthusiasm of middle school students
- Well-versed in utilizing educational technology
- Cultivates an inclusive and supportive climate for all students, especially students from underrepresented backgrounds, and who fosters an appreciation for differences in our community.
- Able to the needs of the whole child and supports the social/emotional growth of all students.
- Team player and actively contributes to the grade level, the department, and the middle school as a whole.
Applicants should provide resume, cover letter, and statement of educational philosophy.
Latin School embraces diversity of people, cultures, and ideas and is an equal opportunity employer.