|Position Title||Foundational Mathematics Faculty, Full-Time|
The Foundational Mathematics Department invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty for the 2024-2025 academic year.
The Foundational Mathematics Department of Community College of Philadelphia provides a teaching and learning environment that specifically addresses the academic needs of students who are identified as demonstrating developmental levels of mathematics performance. The department is committed to designing and providing instructional methodology and support that will enable students to acquire the foundational knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in mastering material presented in future college-level mathematics courses.
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
Teaching faculty are an integral part of the larger Academic and Student Success Division at CCP including Workforce Development and Career Training. The Academic and Student Success Division is a community of learners committed to student success as demonstrated through equitable and measurable outcomes, innovative practices, relevant curriculum, quality learning, and a rewarding student experience. As a minority-serving institution, CCP faculty contribute significantly to our collective efforts to improve student success and eliminate racial equity gaps through the utilization of inclusive and high-quality teaching practices.
|Work Location||Main Campus|
“Success Starts Here” at Community College of Philadelphia. We recognize that our success as a college and the success of our students starts with our employees. Our employees are vital to our success. Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive offer of benefits that are unrivaled by most.
Full-time faculty and staff benefits include:
Additional College benefits:
For More information about the College benefits and eligibility based on employee class, please visit: https://www.myccp.online/human-resources/benefits-eligibility
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Salary Grade or Rank||Rank 5 or Rank 6|
|Job Posting Open Date||10/11/2023|
|Job Posting Close Date|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Master of Mathematics Education degree, or a Master of Education degree with 18 graduate credits in mathematics from a regionally accredited institution, or a Master of Mathematics degree with a proven track record in education and experience in teaching foundational mathematics?
- * Do you have experience with and commitment to the use of instructional technology?
- * Ability to demonstrate a knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Community College ofPhiladelphia
- * Do you have a willingness to cultivate an interdisciplinary perspective with regard to the teaching of mathematics, and demonstrated commitment to professional development?
- * Demonstrated commitment to professional development.
- * Do you have experience teaching diverse student populations and addressing equity gaps?
- * Do you have experience teaching at a community college?
- * Are you bilingual or other language proficiency.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)