Pathways In Education is a small non-profit charter school in Phoenix dedicated to serving the local community and supporting at-risk and underserved students. Pathways considers the unique needs of every student, allowing access to small group classes, guided independent study, online courses, and experiential learning, to address each student's individual strengths and needs.
Are you an educator that wants to make an impact in students’ lives? Do you believe that every student should have the opportunity for success? If so, Pathways is the place for you! PIE is looking for educators that are warm, outgoing, authentic, passionate and inspiring. PIE places great emphasis on the student-teacher relationship, a critical component to the development of students’ personal, emotional, and academic well-being.
Pathways In Education is looking for a Teacher with an AZ credential in Math 9-12 to work at their Phoenix center. The Teacher will have the following responsibilities:
The Direct Instruction Teacher represents the direct instruction portion of the blended program at our school. The Direct Instruction Teacher delivers lesson plan-based instruction in a classroom setting to an average class size of about 15-20 students. This position is primarily responsible for delivering our educational program to ensure data driven, results based instruction for students in the implementation of the Common Core Standards. Will be available to provide direct instruction to students 6 hours a day. Comes with $4,000 sign on bonus
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:*
- Masters instruction using an array of teaching strategies and technologies.
- Utilizes educational technology and media to enhance learning.
- Chats in virtual discussion threads and manages small groups of students to meet individual needs.
- Facilitates collaborative grouping and keeps learning management system organized and updated.
- Lesson plans a differentiated curriculum to ensure student success.
- Teaches for mastery of the Common Core Standards.
- Uses assessments and data to influence instruction for student success.
- Keeps grade, attendance and retention records.
- Provides targeted interventions for special education students and English Language Learners.
- Participates in various community groups or functions, faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops. Meets with students and parents to discuss student progress and problems.
- Participates in related activities, such as student organizations or committees.
- Assists with State mandated student testing.
- Assists with bi-monthly and year-end audits.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, inviting, professional center for students to attend.
- Performs other administrative functions and duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to teach and delegate responsibility to students.
- Educational technology, digital teaching, or online teaching and/or learning experience or education preferred
- Highly-knowledgeable in Single Subject content area
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, exercising reasonable judgment, in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to synergize with field and corporate staff to implement the educational program.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate problem solving skills, while maintaining courtesy, professionalism, and a customer service attitude.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with students, parents, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and database management
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS Degree
- Valid Mathematics Teaching Certificate issued by ADOE for appropriate grade levels (preferred)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full-time staff that includes paid time off, holiday and sick time, medical, vision and dental coverage, incentives and an employer-matched 403(b) plan. PIE provides our staff opportunities to chaperone students on experiential learning trips to amazing places like Italy, Cuba and China as well as U.S. based trips to DC, a ranch in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado and a farm in Northern California. We regularly hold social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At our company-wide award functions, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make PIE and our students successful. To learn more about our schools, visit us at www.az.pathways in education.org.
Pathways In Education embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.