The Department of Teaching, Learning and Culture invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position in Science Education beginning in August 2024. We seek vibrant and innovative thought leaders to join our dynamic faculty.
Position responsibilities include a) maintaining a vibrant funding and research agenda that
has achieved or will achieve national/international significance, b) teaching at the undergraduate
and graduate level, and c) enhancing and elevating science education research and practice applied
to the preparation of the next generation of teacher, researchers and academic leaders.
The Department of Teaching, Learning and Culture has adopted and is dedicated to three primary
commitments that drive all of our work:
• advancing a department climate that is characterized by collaboration, collegiality, trust,
respect, safety, celebration, and the valuing of individual differences;
• a central mission to create experiences that advance highly effective teaching, evidence based
research and service through the application of knowledge in the preparation and development of quality educators; and
• transforming individuals, schools, and society with a global view through our engaged scholarship, reflective teaching, and collaborative service
• Earned doctorate in Science Education, or related field from an accredited university
(completion by August 2024)
• Publications in high-quality outlets
• Evidence of a well-defined and focused research agenda
• Strong record of, or potential for, external funding
• Completion of science teacher certification through an accredited program
• Commitment to research-based pedagogical practices
• Minimum of two years full-time primary/secondary school science teaching experience
• Experience teaching science education undergraduate courses
• Understanding of current issues and trends impacting science education
• Commitment to Texas A&M’s core values: Excellence, Integrity, Leadership, Loyalty,
Respect, and Selfless Service
Responsibilities: Conduct high quality focused research, seek and secure external funding to
support research activities, model research-based pedagogical practices in teaching undergraduate
and graduate courses, effectively mentor graduate/undergraduate students, work collaboratively
with faculty within our department and across campus, and contribute to activities and initiatives
in the Department, College, and University.
Appointment: This is a nine-month appointment with potential summer teaching opportunities.
The start date is August 2024. Salary is very competitive and commensurate with qualifications.
Application: The Department of Teaching, Learning and Culture is committed to high quality research and teaching, and inclusion of all individuals in hiring, staffing, research, teaching, and service. Application materials should include the following items and be uploaded at https://apply.interfolio.com/130531
• Cover Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• A Personal Statement: Your statement should include your philosophy and plans for research, teaching, and service as applicable.
• Names and contact information of five (5) professional references