Position: Postdoctoral Researcher in math education and AI in education
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US (remote is possible)
Duration: 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Start Date: As early as Nov. 1, 2023
Application Deadline: As soon as filled
About the Position: I (Chenglu Li) am seeking a highly motivated and dedicated postdoctoral researcher to join my lab at Utah. The selected candidate will have rich opportunities for research, development, and grant proposals. Specifically, the candidate will work on content development for middle school math combining learning sciences principles and the state-of-the-art AI technologies such as large language models, reinforcement learning, and multimodal deep learning, through which the candidate will disseminate findings through top-tiered conferences and journals in education. We will collaborate with experts in AI, learning sciences, educational technology, and math education from University of Florida, Vanderbilt, Stanford, and Duke. We will also work on grant proposals to seek federal, foundational, and internal support, with the possibility of the candidate taking a key personnel role.
- Design and develop AI-augmented curriculum for middle school math learning through collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of researchers.
- Conduct high-quality research and publish findings in reputable conferences and journals.
- Assist in writing research proposals and securing funding for future projects.
- Present research findings at conferences and workshops.
- PhD in STEM education (math focus), learning sciences, educational technology, or a related discipline.
- Proven track record of publications in reputed conferences and journals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Access to a vast network of researchers and professionals in the AIED, learning engineering, learning analytics, and educational data mining.
- Opportunities for professional development and networking.
- Access to state-of-the-art research facilities (e.g., HiPerGator with thousands of A100s).
How to Apply: Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter detailing their research interests and experience to email@example.com. 2-3 recommendation letters will only be sought in the last stage.