JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the delivery of both in-person classroom instruction and online learning to adult participants. The main subject area is Mathematics with a combination of one or more subject areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
MATH SUBJECT RANGE: Math instruction includes but is not limited to: Remedial Math, Basic Mathematical Functions (fractions/decimals/ percentages, problem solving, use of ratio and proportion, algebra, geometry), Intermediate Math (square roots, exponents, linear equations, and scientific notation) and introductory Physics in a contextualized learning environment. Trainees are introduced to metric, apothecary, and household systems of measurement.
- Believes in and supports the mission of NLEI.
- Employ a student-centered approach with ongoing demonstrated interest in education and learning, with respect and concern for participants.
- Covers all material in depth and scope as described in the course or project syllabi.
- Provides lesson plans for each class in advance.
- Begins class at the designated time and provides a full period of instruction for scheduled class time.
- Devotes one full hour to preparation time for every five hours taught.
- Utilizes a variety of teaching styles to meet the different learning styles of students.
- Attends instructor and training meetings. Participates in In-Services, Workshops and any other forums as needed.
- Provides feedback on curricula, test outcomes, student progress, and other instruction-related topics.
- Available for regular classroom observations and course/student surveys; collaboratively reviews results of the classroom observations and course/student surveys.
- Equitably allocates time for individual students as needed to assist with progress in class and addresses any problems, which may hamper successful program completion.
- Provides individual and group guidance to students as needed; maintains up-to-date information that addresses students' progress and/or obstacles; reports existing conditions and situations regarding all students as needed.
- Records student attendance keeps accurate attendance rosters daily and verifies student attendance and tardiness as needed; reports significant attendance issues.
- Actively engages in student retention activities. Identifies new educational approaches for discussion and implementation.
- Administers and grades examinations and schoolwork for each competency taught; Submits all graded student work within the specified period.
- Maintains progress reports for each student during each course taught and submits timely electronic Grade Reports.
- All grades are to be submitted according to the NLEI Grade Policy. Able to communicate grade calculations to students.
- Keeps current with subject areas. Participates in professional development plans and opportunities.
- Responsible for the custody, care, and safekeeping of school property and follows procedures on expendable supplies; limits the use of technology, (i.e., computers, printers, etc.).
- Supports the maintenance of organizational policies, rules, and regulations as they relate to students, trainees, classroom, and the overall learning environment.
- At least a baccalaureate degree, preferably in the assigned teaching field. If a degree is not in an assigned teaching field must possess at least two years of related verifiable work experience or vocational certification in the assigned teaching field.
- Excellent interpersonal, classroom management, writing, and communication skills.
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Office Suite at an intermediate level.
- Able to obtain official transcripts for claimed degrees.
- Knowledge of employment and training programs preferred.
- Meet the Illinois Board of Higher Education requirements.
- Must pass drug test and background check
TO APPLY: Send Resume to email@example.com