The University of Florida Lastinger Center for Learning’s mission is to improve the quality of teaching, learning, and childcare. We research, develop, and scale equitable educational innovations for adults and children that put all learners on trajectories for lifelong success. Specifically, the Center targets kindergarten readiness, 3rd grade reading proficiency, and algebra proficiency as critical milestones in children's educational trajectory that are predictive of success in school and life. The Center works at the nexus of research, practice, and policy to develop sustainable systems that leverage educational technologies and improve the implementation of research-based practices. Housed in one of the nation's elite public research universities, the Center operates as a dynamic, entrepreneurial workplace focused on executing against UF's service mission to strengthen the human condition and improve the quality of life. The Lastinger Center is committed to attracting, hiring, and retaining a dynamic and diverse team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and write detailed content for professional learning modules that are context-based, focus on building a conceptual understanding of mathematical content, including curriculum maps, interactive instructional content, extension activities, and assessments, and are based on NCTM and state-specific standards
- Ensure that professional learning content and pedagogy aligns with relevant research
- Assure that all content developed and designed presents with a common voice
- Design engaging and innovative lessons that leverage technology, research-based strategies, and best practices for mathematics instruction
- Facilitate the preparation of materials, such as activities, projects, study guides, and teacher’s notes that align with the lessons
- Translate content into scripts ready for video-based professional learning instruction
- Identify opportunities for data collection (including but not limited to pilot studies) to support research related to the Math Matrix and the teachers that it serves
- Serve as a facilitator for mathematics professional development both online and face-to-face.
- Collaborate with the product management and instructional design teams to move projects forward, meet deadlines and follow content requirements in terms of style and project specifications
- Contribute to the Center’s overall mathematics product line design and development
- Maintain relevant funded project deliverables in coordination with subject-area experts, production company staff, and project/product manager.
Other Duties as Assigned