The Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Texas at Arlington invites applications for a 9-month, tenure-track position as Assistant Professor in ESL/Bilingual Education (Science/STEM) beginning Fall 2024. The position will focus on bilingual science education and teacher education.
Successful candidates will:
- Cultivate and maintain a successful program of research and scholarship.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate-level courses in both traditional and online formats.
- Actively seek external funding opportunities commensurate with rank.
- Engage in service to the Department, University, Community, and Professional Organizations.
Candidates will also have a demonstrated and ongoing commitment to serving culturally and linguistically diverse students.
- An earned doctorate in Bilingual Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Teacher Education, STEM Education, or related discipline (awarded by August 2024).
- Demonstrated potential to engage in high-quality research and grant writing.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in preservice and graduate science teacher education.
- Demonstrated potential to effectively engage and collaborate with various K-12 partners and stakeholders in teacher education.
- K-12 experience teaching science.
- Experience teaching STEM methods courses.
- A documented history of collaboration with PK-12 school partners and EC-6 teaching certification.
- At least 18 graduate-level credits in bilingual/biliteracy education and/or second language teaching and learning.
- Grant writing track record with experience as a principal investigator or co-investigator.
- The ability to teach courses partially in Spanish.
To apply, applicants should go to https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/25630 and submit the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae (required)
- A letter of interest describing your teaching experience and research agenda (required)
- Contact information for three professional references (required)
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Questions may be addressed to: Dr. Carla Amaro-Jimenez (email@example.com)
For more information about UTA, please visit: http://www.uta.edu/uta