For those of you having to make the transition to online classes this semester, consider using the materials developed by the ESTEEM project. The Enhancing Statistics Teacher Education with E-Modules [ESTEEM] project facilitates the infusion of statistics content and pedagogy into undergraduate mathematics teacher preparation by providing faculty with technological and curricular resources, networking experiences, and ongoing support.
The ESTEEM project has designed 3 modules to be used with preservice middle and high school mathematics teachers in online environments.
The following modules are available:
- Module 1 - Foundations in Statistics Teaching (1.1 and 1.2)
- Module A - Teaching Inferential Reasoning (A.1 and A.2)
- Module B - Teaching Statistical Association (B.1 and B.2)
All 3 ESTEEM modules are designed for online instruction and can be easily imported into your own campus LMS (Moodle, Canvas, and Blackboard ready) for FREE. When you click on that link you'll be asked to create a free user profile, and from there you will have access to all the materials. The ESTEEM modules feature CODAP (Common Online Data Analysis Platform), which can also be accessed for free on the internet. We hope our free materials can make your instructional duties a bit easier as you need to transition more online. ESTEEM staff are here to answer any questions if you need help! Please contact Heather at email@example.com for assistance.
In addition we have all our publicly available ESTEEM videos posted on our Youtube channel https://www.youtube.
The ESTEEM project is supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. DUE 1625713 awarded to NC State University. The ESTEEM team consists of
- Principal Investigator - Hollylynne Lee (NC State University)
- Co-PIs - Stephanie Casey (Eastern Michigan University), Rick Hudson (University of Southern Indiana), and William Finzer (Concord Consortium)
- Research Associate - Gemma Mojica (NC State University)