AMTE will be piloting a new Conference Ambassador program at the 2019 Annual Conference that will pair a first-time AMTE Conference attendee with a more seasoned AMTE Conference attendee—a Conference Ambassador—to improve the AMTE Conference experience for both people.
FOR FIRST-TIME ATTENDEES: In early January 2019, a Conference Ambassador will be paired with you, and will contact you in advance of the conference. The Ambassador can answer questions about the AMTE Conference and help you as you think about how to make the most of the conference. At the conference, the Ambassador gives you a point of contact and can help you meet other attendees in the field with similar interests.
FOR AMBASSADORS: In early January 2019, someone from the Professional Development for Members Committee will contact you with a name and information about a first-time attendee. We ask that you make contact with the novice attendee and find ways to help them make the most of the conference. At a minimum, we provide suggestions below, but an ambassador is encouraged to consider ideas beyond these:
- Email your assigned mentee prior to conference to introduce yourself and set up time to initially meet—hey! Consider connecting with Social Media
- Have a meal with your mentee on the first day (suggest lunch)
- Introduce your mentee to others (friends, colleagues, etc.)
- Assist your mentee with initially navigating the conference (e.g., using the app)
- Overall, just be a point of contact and a friendly face to welcome and encourage the first-time attendee!
To auto-fill many parts of the form, please log-in to the AMTE website prior to completing this form.