Update on the AMTE Mathematics Teacher Preparation Standards and AMTE's 20/25 Celebrations
Welcome to the Winter 2015 issue of Connections . Inside we present exciting information about the 2016 Annual Conference, the winners of the AMTE recent election, and more! Enjoy the holiday season.
Babette M. Benken, Editor
Winning candidates for President, Treasurer, and Member-at-Large are announced.
The Service, Teaching and Research (STaR) Program has supported early career mathematics educators since 2009.
Information for and about our AMTE Affiliates.
AMTE's Emerging Issues Committee shares information about declining teacher enrollments, special sections at the Annual Conference and more.
At our January 2016 Annual Conference we will mark a milestone...
“Mathematics Teacher Education: Normal Schools to Now. What’s the Fit and Future for AMTE?"
Come to Irvine, CA, January 28-30!
by Cathy Liebars, The College of New Jersey
Recipients will be recognized at the 2016 Annual Conference.
AMTE Position Statement on Equity
AMTE just published its position statement: Equity in Mathematics Teacher Education . It's available on the AMTE website . The AMTE Board sincerely appreciates the work of the Co-Chairs of the Equity Task Force, Anita Wager and Julia Aguirre, for submitting the initial draft of the position statement.
2016 AMTE Annual Conference Deadlines
Late Conference Reservation : January 8 (received by)
Conference Dates and Location : January 28-30, 2016; Irvine, CA
Opening Session : Thursday, January 28, @ 9 am
Connections is a quarterly online publication of the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators. The newsletter offers a peer-reviewed opportunity for members to disseminate information to the mathematics teacher education community.
- Babette Benken, California State University – Long Beach, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nancy Dyson, University of Delaware, email@example.com (2013-2016)
- Sarah Roberts, UC Santa Barbara, firstname.lastname@example.org (2013-2016)
- Daniel Ilaria, West Chester University, email@example.com (2014-2017)
- Maggie Niess, Oregon State University, firstname.lastname@example.org (2014-2017)
- Barbara Hess, California University of Pennsylvania, email@example.com (2015-2018)
- James Telese, University of Texas-Brownsville, firstname.lastname@example.org (2015-2018)