The School of Teacher Education and Leadership (TEAL), Utah State University, invites applications for a tenure-track position as an Assistant Professor in Elementary Mathematics Education, grades K-8, beginning August, 2018. Reviews of applications will begin October 15, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
This position is a 9-month, academic-year appointment with the opportunity for summer employment. The position in located on USU’s Tooele Regional Campus, 30 miles from Salt Lake City, Utah and 112 miles from USU’s main campus in Logan, Utah. The ideal candidate will have experience delivering classes using distance broadcast technology and online instruction. This faculty member is expected to teach elementary mathematics methods courses, master’s-level mathematics endorsement courses, and doctoral courses in mathematics education. Finally, this faculty member is expected to collaborate on research projects in mathematics education with mathematics education faculty on the Logan campus as well as other faculty on the Logan campus and regional campuses.
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply online, please go to:
Along with the online application, please attach:
1. Letter of application describing the candidate’s qualifications for the position;
2. Statement of teaching philosophy;
3. Current curriculum vitae;
4. One sample of scholarly work;
5. Copies of teaching evaluations for any university-level instruction;
6. Contact information for five professional references.