International Academy of Flint is hiring a Math Teacher (Grades 6-12). Must have a valid Michigan Teaching certificate and EX endorsement. Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision BCBS plans. Life, ADD, and LTD 100% paid by the employer!
Would you like to be part of a program that prepares all students for college, values the needs of all students, and helps students build a strong foundation to achieve success in a changing world? Does your passion for teaching and desire to make a difference in the life of a child describe why you chose teaching in the first place? If so, come and be part of our SABIS® educational team at the International Academy of Flint (IAF).
At IAF our teachers and students work together through a rigorous curriculum that focuses on learning improvement and mastery attainment on a secure campus. We are a K-12 charter school in Flint that brings students from different backgrounds together to collaborate, develop strong relationships, and learn from one another as they explore new learning opportunities.
We are looking for teachers who are motivated, creative, flexible, and possess strong organizational skills as well as determination to foster academic achievement for all students.
- The Teacher enables the success of student academic achievement through implementation of SABIS® curriculum and philosophy and through the consistent use of the SABIS® Point SystemTM of instruction.
- The Teacher has an oversight role for all students within the school setting, to ensure a safe academic environment conducive to learning and maintain the professional SABIS® image.
- The Teacher ensures proper planning and follow up for the academic progress of all students and works cooperatively with the Student Life and Student Management teams.
- The Teacher ensures accurate and timely reporting to the Academic Quality Controller, as required by SABIS® and governmental bodies. The Teacher reports regularly to the Academic Quality Controller regarding students’ performance and challenges, with recommendations for action and a summary of actions taken.
- The teacher fulfills a requirement of 30 student contact hours per week. The primary assignment may be a specific grade level (including homeroom duties) or subject teaching to multiple classes in regular or intensive classes. The teacher may also be assigned additional non-instructional duties such as proctoring exams or supervising recess or lunch. The Teacher must attend all school functions.
If you want to work in an atmosphere where collaboration is a mainstay, a well-structured and comprehensive curriculum is used and extensive classroom support and professional development is embedded. Join the SABIS® team at the International Academy of Flint. Apply today!