Join our Team.
Valencia College is seeking Part Time Faculty, Mathematics to join our dedicated, passionate faculty team.
In this position, you will be responsible for teaching college level courses in mathematics or statistics. Other teaching assignments may be made as needed by the Department.
We’re not just any college. And you‘re just not any employee. You’re someone who is passionate about improving the lives of our students, our team, our community and, ultimately, our world.
If you want to play a role in shaping the future of students at one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
To view the complete job description for this role, click here
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Paid Time off
- FICA Alternative to Social Security
- Faculty/Instructional Development Opportunities
- Associate Faculty Certification Program
- Flexible work schedule
- Free Lynx bus transportation
- Discount on Valencia Arts and Entertainment Events and so much more
Degree Requirement: Master's degree with a major in mathematics or statistics OR 18 graduate semester hours in mathematics or statistics + master's degree.
Please note the following information regarding this position:
- Degrees in Accounting or 18 graduate semester hours in Accounting are not eligible to teach college level courses.
- Engineering course numbers are not eligible to teach college level courses (EEL, EGN, COP).
- The following course prefixes are eligible to teach college level courses:MAP, MAT, MAS, MAA, MAP, MAD, and STA.
- All candidates must be residing in Central Florida to teach onsite classes (There are no online courses available).
- Course load may vary based on the semester needs; you may be scheduled between 1 to 4 courses.
Salary: Part-time Faculty positions are compensated based on the Faculty Salary Schedule.
Work Hours: Teaching assignments may include day, night, or weekend classes.
- Orlando, FL 32811 - West Campus
- Orlando, FL 32801 - Downtown Campus
- Orlando, FL 32825 - East Campus
- Winter Park, FL 32789 - Winter Park
- Kissimmee, FL 34744 - Osceola Campus
- Lake Nona, FL 32832 - Lake Nona Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Closing date: Wednesday December 11, 2019 at 7:00 pm est.
For consideration, the following is required for all applicants including current Valencia employees:
- Cover letter and resume
- Completed on-line employment application Include all applicable experience related to the position as it could affect compensation
- Learning-centered statement (A 300 to 500-word description of what you believe it means to be a “learning-centered” college and how you would structure your course(s) to contribute to the “learning-centered” environment).
- Unofficial transcripts (degree must be conferred by the time of hire). Be prepared to bring sealed official transcripts if selected for an interview. It is the applicant's responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services.
- Letters of reference if available