The Wheelock College of Education & Human Development at Boston University invites applications for the position of a full-time Clinical Assistant Professor of Mathematics Education within our Teaching & Learning department. A successful candidate will join our collaborative faculty of mathematics educators to develop and teach courses that focus on equity and social justice, pedagogical content knowledge, research-based teaching practices, teaching diverse learners, developing curriculum and professional development, and educational theories and research in n Mathematics Education. We seek a faculty member who shares BU Wheelock’s commitment to both the preparation of mathematics educators and the advancement of research and scholarship in Mathematics Education. Candidates with elementary and early-childhood experience or expertise are especially encouraged to apply. In addition to teaching undergraduate and graduate-level courses, faculty are also expected to advise students and provide service to the university and profession.
We strongly believe that the cultural and social diversity of faculty, staff, and students is important to developing high-quality academic programs, nurturing research-practitioner partnerships, and building a strong community. As such, we are seeking a faculty member who shares BU Wheelock’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion; the advancement of Mathematics Education research; and the preparation of high-quality mathematics educators.
Description of Duties:
- Develop and teach both undergraduate and graduate courses in mathematics education (PreK-12).
- Maintain an active scholarship portfolio appropriate for Mathematics Education.
- Advise and support undergraduate, masters and doctoral students.
- Provide service to the program, department, college, and profession.
- Doctorate in Mathematics Education or related field. (Required)
- Experience teaching mathematics at the elementary or early childhood levels. (Preferred)
- A record of published or presented research and/or grant funding. (Preferred)
- Record of scholarship and/or teaching in equity and social justice. (Preferred)
The Clinical Assistant Professor position begins July 1, 2022. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Inquiries may be directed to the Chair of the Search Committee, Leslie Dietiker (email@example.com). Review of applications will begin November 1, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
As stated above, Wheelock College believes that cultural and social diversity is critical to our growth and is committed to collaborations amongst faculty. In the cover letter, please include a description of how you will support these. Applicants should submit the following documents electronically to https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/19460:
- Cover letter describing teaching, service, and research experiences, explaining suitability for position, and commitment to cultural and social diversity
- Current curriculum vitae
- Three letters of reference
- 2 or 3 samples of scholarship
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.