The University of Central Arkansas invites applications for an Assistant Professor position in the Department of Elementary, Literacy, and Special Education. The College of Education recognizes that its faculty and staff are fundamental to its success, and therefore, it is dedicated to developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong commitment to furthering the College's efforts to center educational equity. Additionally, candidates need a strong background in technology integration and pedagogical innovation
This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy. The position is tenure track and a nine-month appointment (with an opportunity for summer employment). Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach undergraduate education and graduate courses, such as Instructional Strategies for Teaching Math and Science, in the Department of Elementary, Literacy, and Special Education
- Supervise interns during field and student teaching experiences
- Collaborate on a team to improve teacher education and learning experiences
- Advise and mentor teacher candidates
- Model appropriate use of mobile technology in pedagogical practice
- Actively participate in service and scholarly activities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge in AMTE, NGGS, and NRC standards
- Strong background in innovative pedagogical practices, curriculum development, and use of mobile technology (specifically iPad, MacBook, Chrome Book hardware and iOS, G Suite, and creativity apps) to create engaging learning experiences for students.
- Knowledge of field and internship experiences
- Ability to collaborate and work well on a team
- Commitment to inclusivity and diversity
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Doctorate in Education or related field (A.B.D. considered)
- Minimum of three years teaching math and /or science in K-6 public schools
- Experience in math and science instruction for teachers to include AMTE and NGSS standards
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Application Procedure: Apply online at http://jobs.uca.edu. A letter of application, vita, copy of transcripts, and three references (including name, telephone, and email) will be required.
Review of applications will begin on October 24, 2021.