Salary Range: $60,863 - $113,655
Stipends: $3,043/each for Master's degree and National Board Certification
Full credit given for experience as a credentialed teacher
- Provide learning experiences and teach the course of study prescribed by the District approved curriculum.
- Develop and use instructional materials suitable for verbal and/or visual instruction of students with wide range of mental, physical and emotional maturity.
- Provide individual and group instruction designed to meet individual needs and motivate students.
- Establish and maintain standards of student control required to achieve effective participation in all activities.
- Evaluate academic and social growth of students and keep appropriate records.
- Communicate with parents through a variety of means.
- Hold parent conferences to discuss the individual student’s progress and interpret the school program.
- Identify student needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Establish a safe and effective learning environment.
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the District and/or professional growth activities and university courses.
- Participate cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which s/he will be evaluated in conformance with District guidelines.
- Select and requisition instructional materials.
- Perform basic attendance and classroom accounting.
- Cooperate with school-wide supervision of students during out-of-classroom activities.
- Stimulate in students the development of positive self image, personal responsibility, and pride.
- Implement and monitor students’ Individual Education Plans.
- Participate in faculty and/or District committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Valid California Credential - Multiple Subject or both Math and Science Single Subject
- Bachelor’s degree including all courses to meet credential requirements.
- Successful student teaching, internship, or full-time teaching experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Effectively interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Terms of Employment:
- Salary Placement: Appropriate level on the Certificated Salary Schedule
- Work Year: 185 days