Crescent Academy is currently hiring a Math Teacher for the upcoming school year for the middle school.
FULL TIME: Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans with a low employee contribution. Life, ADD, STD, and LTD paid by 100% by the employer! 401K plan with 3% employer contribution to all permanent staff.
Would you like to be a part of a school that believes strongly in its students and their right to a high quality education? Does your teaching and strong desire to make a difference in a child’s education describe why you became a teacher? Are you interested in creating an innovative, project based, experience for your students? If you possess the following qualities:
- Creativity and Innovated ideas about learning in the classroom
- Project based learning
- Familiar and knowledgeable with the Michigan Common Core Standards
- Enjoy challenges (social, economic) and addressing the whole child school of thought
- Engaged in learning and curriculum coupled with cross curriculum teaching and learning.
- Embracing a data driven mindset to help close achievement gaps
- Working with collegial peers through Professional Learning Communities (PLC) to improve teaching and learning objectives in the classroom.
- Using technology to support teaching and learning in the classroom.
- Able to meet time sensitive tasks and deadlines
- Possess great listening and writing skills
- Persistent characteristics ( closing achievement gaps, and data driven)
- Collaborating within a team and being pro-active
- Conflict resolution (parents and students)
- Empathy (students, parents, staff)
- Building positive relationships with students and parents
- Possess a great love for children and patience
- Creating a strong bridge between school and home.
- Working with underserved population of students
- Embracing the philosophy of mindfulness techniques
- Open to the use of restorative circles
- Willing to adopt “Time to Teach” classroom management framework and application
If this sounds like you and you also want to be a part of a flexible, supportive, family-oriented team, then Crescent is the place for you!
Crescent Academy believes in the whole child approach which means that academy staff assists students and their families in bettering their outcomes by creating a college bound culture that expects and teaches strong character, academic achievement, and civic engagement.
Students from all cultural backgrounds and all walks of life attend Crescent Academy.
Crescent Academy serves over 1,200 students grade level PreK-8.
To learn more about Crescent Academy, please visit our website at http://www.crescentacademycharterschool.com/.