POSITION Clinical Assistant Professor of Mathematics Education
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction at Purdue University seeks a Clinical Assistant Professor of K-12 Mathematics Education with a specialization in elementary methods.
This is an academic year clinical faculty position with reappointments in 3-year contractual terms. Clinical appointments are non-tenure track but with the potential for promotion in rank. The position also includes the possibility of summer employment.
Responsibilities of the faculty member include:
• Teach 3 courses each fall and spring semester
• Teach and/or coordinate undergraduate mathematics-specific teacher-education courses
• Teach graduate-level courses as needed
• Advise graduate students
• Engage in activities within the College of Education, across the university, and in K-12 schools
• Participate in program, department, college, and university committees.
• Collaborate on edTPA and program level assessment
• Doctorate in mathematics education or related field along with an active record of teaching and service commensurate with experience.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in education.
• Experience collaborating across P-12 disciplines
• Experience with elementary mathematics education
• This position requires an on-campus, face-to-face presence
• Elementary school mathematics or mathematics methods teaching experience
• Record of leadership experience and professional involvement
• Experience teaching in a teacher education program
• Experience mentoring graduate students
SALARY Salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience
STARTING DATE August 14, 2023
Review of applications will begin November 1, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled. When applying please include a letter of application, vita, statement of teaching philosophy, diversity and inclusion statement (see below), writing sample (e.g., published article, conference proceedings, book chapter), and three letters of recommendation.
Inquiries about the position should be directed to: Dr. Signe Kastberg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications must include:
1. Letter of application outlining qualifications and experience
2. Teaching statement
3. Current curriculum vitae
4. Diversity and inclusion statement
5. List of at least 3 references
PURDUE UNIVERSITY is a leading land grant and research university and ranks among the 25 largest universities in the nation. The university has an enrollment of more than 49,000 on the West Lafayette campus and more than 17,000 on regional campuses in Indiana. It is located in West Lafayette, IN, 65 miles northwest of Indianapolis and 125 miles southeast of Chicago.
PURDUE UNIVERSITY’S COLLEGE OF EDUCATION and DEPARTMENT OF CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION are committed to advancing diversity in all areas of faculty effort. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate a commitment to diversity and equity through their discovery, learning, and/or engagement. Furthermore, candidates should address at least one of these areas in a separate Diversity and Inclusion Statement, indicating their past experiences, current interests or activities, and/or future goals to promote a diverse and inclusive climate.
A background check will be required for employment in this position.
PURDUE UNIVERSITY IS AN EOE/AA EMPLOYER. ALL INDIVIDUALS, INCLUDING MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, AND VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.