The Department of Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies Education at the University of Georgia invites applications for a position as an Assistant Professor of Mathematics Education to begin August 2023. The position is a tenure-track, academic year appointment with the possibility of summer employment.
The Department of Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies Education consists of 9 full-time mathematics educators, 8 full-time science educators, and 5 full-time social studies educators with a variety of research interests. The Mathematics Education Program offers BSEd, MEd, MA, MAT, EdS, and PhD degrees; attracts and supports national and international doctoral students; and has strong collaborative relationships with colleagues in mathematics, statistics, elementary and middle grades education, quantitative and qualitative research methods, and area school districts. The Mary Frances Early College of Education consists of 9 departments and approximately 220 faculty members.
- A doctorate in mathematics education or related field earned by the start date.
- An active record of scholarship and productivity commensurate with experience.
- Strong potential for seeking and attracting external funding.
- Evidence that mathematics teaching and/or learning is central to research.
- Familiarity through instruction or research with current trends and cultural contexts in US schools.
- One or more years experience teaching in K-12 settings.
- One or more years experience working with diverse populations.
- Establish and maintain a scholarly research, publication, and grant writing record.
- Teach graduate and undergraduate courses in mathematics education.
- Advise graduate students and supervise graduate student research.
- Contribute to the collegial community of the department to maintain programs of excellence in research and teaching.
- Provide service to the college, university, profession, and public.