San Diego State University
College of Education
School of Teacher Education
Director (Equivalent to a Department Chair)
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The San Diego State University School of Teacher Education (STE) seeks a dynamic and forward-looking director to sustain and build upon our regional and national reputation as teacher-scholars. The director is expected to provide administrative oversight for curriculum and instruction for all programs; to coordinate and write reviews and evaluations of programs, courses, faculty, and staff; to manage the budget; to contribute to and participate in district partnerships and other community outreach; to represent the STE within and external to the university.
● Earned doctorate in education or closely related field;
● Qualified at the Associate Professor or Full Professor Rank;
● Demonstrated leadership ability;
● Strong record of scholarship relative to rank;
● Strong demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity-access-opportunity, and culturally-sustaining education,
● K-12 teaching experience;
● Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
RANK AND SALARY
Appointment is for a 12–month associate professor or professor with salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For additional information about the position and to apply, see https://apply.interfolio.com/116018.
Screening of applications will begin October 15, 2022, and continue until the position is filled, with the anticipated start date of July 1, 2023. For full consideration, please apply by November 30.
For further information or questions about your candidacy for the position, contact Dr. Randy Philipp, Search Committee Chair, RPhilipp@sdsu.edu.
SDSU is a Title IX and Equal Opportunity employer.