Applicants are invited to apply for a full-time postdoctoral research associate position in Mathematics Education in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, with an appointment beginning January 17, 2023. The successful candidate will work directly with Professor Sheree Sharpe in the area of algebra education and meta-research. The position is a 12-month 100% NSF-grant funded research appointment non-renewable. The project goals include conducting meta-research that integrates the results from quantitative meta-analysis and qualitative meta-synthesis to inform our understanding of four constructs (i.e., parental involvement, school climate, algebra teaching approach, and student engagement) on the algebra achievements of secondary students. Salary starts at $50,000 with yearly increases and benefits, a laptop while on the project, and travel support to conferences.
Candidates from underrepresented backgrounds in mathematics education are strongly encouraged to apply.
- A PhD in Mathematics Education or an equivalent field is required. Candidates expecting to graduate this December 2022 will also be considered.
- Experience conducting qualitative data-analyses.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to work with and mentor undergraduate and graduate students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (duties may vary and other duties may be assigned):
- Conduct independent research.
- Conduct qualitative meta-synthesis and research synthesis.
- Assist the PI in project management and coordination of research group meetings.
- Mentor undergraduate and graduate students.
- Co-teach/teach a research seminar.
- Write peer-reviewed journal publications and presentations for academic conferences and other meetings.
- a cover letter, describing professional skills, abilities, and goals
- a curriculum vitae
- a research statement
- contact information for three reference, your references will be contacted as soon as your application is submitted (letters addressing research must be provided)
- a diversity statement
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, we encourage full applications on or before December 1, 2022.
Please apply via https://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/51347
Please contact Professor Sheree Sharpe (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.