About Cristo Rey
Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep delivers a career focused, college preparatory education in the Catholic tradition for students with limited economic resources. Through the unique integration of rigorous academic curricula, four years of professional work experience, and support to and through college, Cristo Rey students are achieving their aspirations for postsecondary success at rates exceeding their peers.
Who We Are:
- Values-Driven: We educate the whole student: academically, spiritually, and socio-emotionally.
- Growth Opportunities: We prioritize our faculty and staff’s learning and growth.
- Invested Students and Engaged Families: Our students’ families seek out our schools.
- National Community: Our faculty and staff are a proud part of a national movement.
Learn more about what we value and what it is like to work in our school.
Join an innovating, dynamic, and mission-based school which values our faculty and students. Members of the Cristo Rey Dallas Faculty are primarily responsible for creating and maintaining a culture of learning and who want to be a part of a transformative educational community like no other in our area.
What You’ll Do
- Teach five to six principal-assigned class periods
- Supervise at least one extracurricular activity
- Plan and prepare curriculum-based unit and lesson plans
- Grade and record student work
- Serve as a substitute teacher for absent teachers
- Prepare, correct and proctor assessments
- Participate in the instructional coaching program
- Attend conferences and orientations with students and parents
- Offer individual guidance to students
- Serve on faculty committees and observe other classrooms
- Study departmental and school data
- Attend faculty meetings
- Take part in school’s religious and spiritual programs, including faculty and staff retreats
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, Master’s Degree preferred
- 24 credit hours in primary teaching discipline, OR
- BA in instructional area AND
- 12 credit hours in education courses or a valid, appropriate state certification (could be working towards it)
- Proficiency in using technology in the classroom to enhance student learning (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases, online textbooks, and educational websites)
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm, openness, and dedication
- Exhibit interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the email subject line. List three professional references (including email and telephone contact information for each reference)
The Cristo Rey Network shares the national office’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Cultural Competency commitment statement for interested applicants.