TITLE: Geometry Teacher
REPORTS TO: Principal
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Overview of School:
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School empowers Baltimore youth to succeed in college, career, and life. We provide access and opportunity for students of religious, racial, and ethnic diversity to excel through rigorous academics, a corporate internship program, extracurricular activities, and faith formation. We transform lives in the Catholic, Jesuit tradition of faith, justice and reconciliation.
- Teach 5 sections of Geometry
- Be present and available for service to the school from 7:30 AM until 4:30 PM a minimum of three days per week, and from 7:30 AM until 3:30 PM on the remaining days of the week.
- To chaperone two student events such as testing, dances, or admissions interviews
- To supervise one Saturday study hall.
- To participate in faculty meetings, department meetings, curriculum development, parent-teacher conferences, substitute coverage, and professional development.
- To follow grade book guidelines, enter grades in a timely fashion, and submit end of quarter grades and comments on time.
- Serve as an advisor to one advisory group
- When communicating with parents of students and advisees, demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion by using strategies that create an inclusive school environment.
- Collaborate with colleagues and students in the development of relationships to support academic growth.
- Teach and act in a professional fashion, in accordance with the stated mission, objectives, and policies of the school as articulated in the Employee Handbook
- Commit to a coaching philosophy that deepens the overall knowledge of the instructional framework to plan and deliver effective instruction.
- Respect and help form the spiritual values of the students and support the Jesuit and Catholic identity of the school by exemplifying in his/her own actions the characteristics of Christian living, being a leader of prayer, and supporting the liturgical and spiritual life of the school
- Model the school’s “Graduate at Graduation” statement and strive to support students in valuing and attaining these qualities
- Actively implement the Code of Conduct/Disciplinary Procedures as outlined in Student Handbook
- Contribute to a safe and clean environment by keeping classroom and workspaces clean and tidy, and by showing care for school property
- If not certified in content area, then willing to get certified in Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program through Loyola University Maryland at 100% tuition remission within a two-year period.
- Complete other and additional duties as assigned by the Principal
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject area required; Maryland teaching certification in content area preferred
- Strong teaching background and experience working with urban population
- Personal commitment to Jesuit mission in education and work-study nature of the school
- Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
To apply: Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.