Full-time tenure track position in the Department of Mathematics (within the College of Arts & Sciences). Duties include teaching 12 credits per semester, collaboration within the department on teaching, research, scholarly publications, grants, and curriculum related to mathematics education, collaboration with the college of education, directing students in undergraduate research, campus-wide and departmental service, and academic advising.
- Teach undergraduate courses for future elementary and secondary school mathematics teachers.
- Teach undergraduate mathematics content courses.
- Provide academic advisement for secondary mathematics education teacher candidates.
- Engage in scholarly activity related to high-impact mathematics education practices and present such scholarly work through oral and written formats regionally/nationally/internationally.
- Provide service to the department, college, and university.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Earned doctorate from an accredited institution in mathematics education or closely related field, or in mathematics with significant professional activity in mathematics education. ABD considered, but doctorate must be completed by June 30th, 2022.
- Evidence of effective teaching practices.
- Understanding of elementary and secondary level mathematics curriculum.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Experience using emerging technologies to support teaching and learning of mathematics.
- Understanding of current state standards in K-12 mathematics.
- Ability to mentor mathematics education students.
- Evidence of commitment to ongoing professional activity to keep current in the field of mathematics education.
- Ability to provide continued support for alumni as they enter the teaching profession, and other K-12 math teachers in the region.
- Ability to recruit and retain future K-12 mathematics teachers.