Make your plans now to attend the 2018 AMTE Annual Conference in Houston, TX on February 8-10, 2018.
Some of the keynote speakers for the 2018 conference have been selected.
Thursday will feature a general session about the Standards for Preparing Teachers of Mathematics. The session will feature a panel moderated by Kathryn Chval, University of Missouri. Members of the panel include Julia Aguirre, University of Washington Tacoma; Jim Lewis, University of Nebraska-Lincoln; Travis Olson, University of Nevada, Las Vegas; Nicole Rigelman, Portland State University; and Marilyn Strutchens, Auburn University.
Thursday will also feature a general session addressing issues of equity; presenters will be announced on a future date.
Friday’s Judith E. Jacobs Lecture will be presented by Margaret (Peg) Smith, Professor Emeritus, University of Pittsburgh.
Details of the February 2018 conference schedule include the following.
NEW: This year breakfast will be served every morning (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) from 6:45 to 7:45 a.m.
• Sessions will begin each day at 8:00 a.m.
• The AMTE poster session will be held Friday afternoon.
• The business meeting will occur during Saturday’s lunch.
• The conference will end approximately at 1:15 p.m. on Saturday.
Please join us for the following meals, breaks, and receptions.
• On Thursday, breakfast, lunch, and afternoon break will be provided; dinner is on your own.
• Immediately after the last sessions on Thursday, a reception for all conference attendees will be held.
• On Friday, breakfast, lunch, and afternoon break will be provided; dinner is on your own.
• Immediately after the Jacobs Lecture on Friday, the Graduate Student and Early Career Reception will be held.
• On Saturday, breakfast and lunch will be provided.
The conference hotel is The Westin Galleria Hotel in Houston, TX. The hotel room rate is $169 for a room with occupancy of 1 to 4 people. Make your reservation by Thursday, November 30, 2017 to get our special conference room rates. Please be aware that the conference block of rooms may be sold out early. Once the room block is full, the hotel will accept reservations at the hotel’s prevailing rate and only on a space-available basis. We encourage you to reserve your room soon; information on booking the hotel is posted on the AMTE 2018 Annual Conference website.
Conference registration is now available on the AMTE website. The registration deadline is November 30, 2017. Early registration at reduced rates is available through September 30. Speakers must register by September 22! There is no on-site registration; you must register prior to the conference.
We hope to see you in Houston in February!