Remaining Proactive and Maintaining Focus: Issues Affecting the Work of Mathematics Teacher Educators
This issue features essential information about the AMTE 2016 Annual Conference, as well as information about award recipients, the upcoming election, and more! We hope you find our Fall 2015 Newsletter interesting and informative.
Babette M. Benken, Editor
The AMTE Membership Committee is pleased to share two updates!
Information for and about our AMTE Affiliates.
View AMTE's new slate of excellent candidates.
The 2016 AMTE Annual Conference will be held January 28-30 in Irvine, CA.
The Service, Teaching and Research (STaR) Program is now accepting applications for the 2016 cohort.
Learn more about a new, special session that will help potential authors transform an idea into a manuscript.
“Rebranding the Teaching Profession: Ideas and Strategies for Effective Recruitment of Mathematics Teachers”
Travel Grants for ICME-13 in Hamburg Germany!
Application Deadline: September 30, 2015
Criteria for awarding grants is available at nctm.org/icme
2016 AMTE Annual Conference Deadlines
Registration for Speakers: September 15, 2015
Early Registration: September 30, 2015
Regular Registration: November 30, 2015
Deadline for Hotel Reservations: November 30, 2015 (Hotel Irvine)
Conference Dates and Location: January 28-30, 2016; Irvine, CA
Opening Session: Thursday, January 28, @ 9 am
Connections is a quarterly online publication of the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators. The newsletter offers a peer-reviewed opportunity for members to disseminate information to the mathematics teacher education community.
- Babette Benken, California State University – Long Beach, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nancy Dyson, University of Delaware, email@example.com (2013-2016)
- Sarah Roberts, UC Santa Barbara, firstname.lastname@example.org (2013-2016)
- Daniel Ilaria, West Chester University, email@example.com (2014-2017)
- Maggie Niess, Oregon State University, firstname.lastname@example.org (2014-2017)
- Barbara Hess, California University of Pennsylvania, email@example.com (2015-2018)
- James Telese, University of Texas-Brownsville, firstname.lastname@example.org (2015-2018)